Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Digi Dare #242

this week's dare is brought to you by Tracy!  ready.set.go

And now on to my dare – childhood toys:
I was on vacation last week and one of the major projects we tackled was our kids’ playroom – getting it all sorted, organized, and repainted (including some fun chalkboard paint panels). As I looked at the mess of toys strewn across the floor, I found myself remembering some of my favorite childhood toys.
My challenge for you this week is to create a page that is centered around one of YOUR favorite childhood toys. What is it that made it special? Who gave it to you? Was it something you were longing for, or a big surprise?
Dare Flair:
- Include at least one photo. Although it would be fantastic if you happen to have a photo of you with your toy, stock photography is fine!
- Since this layout is meant to celebrate childhood, choose at least two bright colors and make those the main colors in your layout (along with neutrals such as black, white or kraft).
- You absolutely must journal on your page! Tell us about that toy and your relationship to it. Give us at least five sentences of journaling, please!
- Use at least one interesting border or edge on your page – scallops, reverse scallops, a torn or jagged edge, a cutout design – be creative!
- Use at least two fonts in your title. One should be significantly larger than the other – think of your title as a piece of word art.

you can see more Creative Team samples on the  blog

here's my layout: 




I will add that I did get her off Ebay this weekend...and am so excited.  She was a steal at only $23.75, mint in box.!  I can't wait to have her back

No comments: